Growth is a necessary aspect to any living thing. The same is true of the Christian life. Growth looks different in different seasons. Sometimes healthy growth even requires a pruning process so that fruit can continue to develop. At The Exchange Church we love you where you are and we love you where you will be.
Here are some general next steps you can take to continue your growth in Christ as a part of the Exchange Church.
If you are new to our family or to our Worship Gathering and are looking for something more, then there are a variety of options for you to connect with our church family:
- Serve: Email one of our PAT Members or Ministry Directors to volunteer your time and talents in a way that will strengthen our body. Serving with others will develop strong relationships.
- Events: Families that play together stay together. Check out our events page and see what upcoming meals or times of fellowship we are planning. Being a part of these churchwide, or men's, or women's events will connect you with others.
- Oikos: Check out some of our Oikos Groups. These small group classes are great ways to dive into truth while developing meaningful relationships.
If you have been a part of The Exchange Church family for a while, are serving in some way or have been involved in some of our groups then you might want to consider becoming a Member of The Exchange Church.
Membership is a crucial part of the life of a Christian. Check out Pastor Jacob's sermon series on church membership called "Gather" if you are curious about the Biblical basis for membership and what is expected of a member.
Essentially church membership at The Exchange Church is a reciprocal commitment. No church is perfect. No people are perfect. But it is important to commit up front and then do whatever it takes to make a relationship work. This is the Biblical picture of covenant. You commit to us and we commit to you. We take this process seriously. And it is a process that involves the following pieces:
- Information: It is important for Members to know what they are joining. We will teach you what The Exchange Church is about so that you can decide if it is right for you. Membership classes are offered as needed and pastoral meetings can take place if no classes are available.
- Investigation: This piece of the process involves a meeting with an Elder and could include a period of probation. The idea behind this step is for us to get to know you and for you to get to know us.
- Introduction: Here is where the prospective member will actually sign a covenant that outlines our beliefs and our expectations. Once this is signed the prospective member will be introduced to the rest of the membership for confirmation.